Our Antitrust/Competition expertise
The NKF Competition team offers our domestic and international clients efficient, practical solutions tailored to their specific needs. We advise on both litigious and non-litigious competition law matters in setting up and running businesses, and in transactions.
We advise on investigation proceedings before the Swiss Competition Commission and partner with international firms to coordinate multijurisdictional proceedings worldwide.
Our broad business law expertise informs our advice. Working with our Corporate/M&A, Capital Markets, Technology and Banking, Finance & Regulatory teams, we excel in advising on the competition law aspects of large-scale complex cross-border transactions.
“The lawyers are incredibly diligent, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of Swiss law and Swiss legal procedure and the legal landscape.” – Chambers Europe 2016
- Lead counsel to Actelion in the takeover of Actelion by Johnson & Johnson, the demerger and spin-off to shareholders of Actelion’s drug discovery and early clinical development business and a collaboration agreement between the new R&D biotech company and Actelion/Johnson & Johnson
- Counsel to the defendant on the first major parallel import case after the Gaba decision
- Advising companies in major cartel investigations, such as, in the LIBOR, FX, leasing, and bid rigging investigations of the Competition Commission
- Advising major undertakings in merger control proceedings
- Swiss counsel to Procter & Gamble advising, among others, on distribution, advertisement, promotions
- Advising CLS, a joint venture owned by 78 banks worldwide, including many of the world’s largest banks, on competition law matters.