Our asset management team advises fund management companies, asset managers and custodian banks of private and public investment vehicles, including retail and alternative investment vehicles, on all legal, regulatory and tax matters.
Having strong relationships with law firms across the European Union, the U.S. and key offshore jurisdictions, we offer our clients integrated, comprehensive guidance and innovative solutions on local and cross-border matters. We also represent sponsor and investor clients in a wide range of key investment management activities. Our clients, amongst them many of the largest players in the market, appreciate our assistance when it comes to representing them before FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority, for example in licensing matters.
Our lawyers specialise in the regulation of the investment activities of pension funds and investment foundations and serve as independent experts on the boards of Swiss investment foundations. We are represented on the committees of self-regulatory organisations such as the Swiss Funds & Asset Management Association and actively participate in the shaping the Swiss legal and regulatory framework.
- Establishing fund management companies and asset managers and obtaining the required licenses and approvals
- Drafting and advising on policies and internal asset management regulations
- Drafting and negotiating relevant agreements, such as asset management, investment management, distribution, custody and brokerage agreements
- Assisting our clients with the implementation of the Swiss derivatives trading regulations
- M&A and corporate transactions involving asset managers, underlying assets and fund transfers
- Working with industry associations and clients to represent their views effectively before regulators and the government.