For many years, NKF has provided innovative legal solutions to both FinTech start-up companies and established institutions entering the FinTech domain, helping them to achieve their commercial and growth objectives. We provide our clients with comprehensive, integrated advice, working together with strategic partners, venture capitalist and private equity houses with a specific FinTech focus. We assist clients in Initial Coin Offerings, token sales and similar projects. A particular focus of our FinTech group is on regulatory aspects of FinTech projects to ensure compliance of the project with Swiss laws and regulations. From emerging companies to mature, publicly-traded enterprises, we partner seamlessly with our clients to provide appropriate support at each stage of development. We have deep experience across all phases of the life cycle, having handled many FinTech cases including M&A transactions, regulatory and litigation matters on behalf of many FinTech companies, strategic partners and investors (VC and PE) that provide financing to FinTech companies. Through our broad, strong network of law firms, we coordinate international structures and sales for our clients, e.g. token sales and other blockchain-based projects.
- Evaluation of compliance of new business models with the regulatory framework
- Representation in regulatory approval and licensing proceedings before FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and other supervisory authorities
- Legal advice on the incorporation and the execution of financing rounds and other transactions for FinTech companies or investors
- Advice on duties arising from the Anti-Money Laundering Act (AMLA) including video and online identification of business relationships via digital channels
- Support in data protection (data security, outsourcing etc.) and in IT law
- Drafting general terms for Crypto Brokers, investment agreements, SAFT Agreements (Standard Agreements for Future Tokens) and terms of issuance for tokens
- Advising lending platforms, crowdfunding, mobile payment, digital fund distribution platforms as well as online asset management and investment advisory projects
- Editor of The FinTech Law Review and active member of various Swiss FinTech associations and meetups.