Wealth Management & Retail Banking
Our team has a strong focus on wealth management and retail banking, advising not only many of the largest banks but also external portfolio managers, investment advisors, family offices, and other professionals.
We play a leading role in the Swiss market in helping financial institutions to structure, establish and implement their offerings and products, advising them on all contractual and regulatory aspects. We advise many of the major Swiss financial institutions on the structuring and implementation of product pricing structures, distribution and fee arrangements, in particular concerning the Swiss rules on fiduciary duties, best execution and “inducements”.
We serve as independent experts on the board of various Swiss banking institutions. The knowledge and insight we gain from our representation in legislative commissions and other working groups mean we are able to ensure that our clients are well prepared for the various upcoming regulatory changes, such as the Swiss Financial Services Act (FIDLEG) and the Swiss Financial Institutions Act (FINIG).
- Advising on new products and offerings, distribution and fee arrangements
- Assisting in the preparation of template documentation
- Issuing legal opinions and memoranda on complex contractual and regulatory matters
- Working with industry associations and clients to represent their views before regulator and government effectively
- Advising on the regulatory implementation and compliance with the upcoming new financial market regulations, such as the Swiss Financial Services Act or the Swiss Financial Institutions Act
- Representing our clients before FINMA, the Financial Market Supervisory Authority.