Mergers and Acquisitions
Niederer Kraft Frey is a leader among law firms involved in Swiss mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. The transactional experience of NKF’s lawyers, the breadth of our practice and our ability to seamlessly work with other leading firms in cross border transactions allowed us to maintain our leadership position, representing a broad array of public and private companies, private equity firms, investment banks, governmental entities, and other institutions and individuals in almost every type of M&A situation.
NKF is ranked in the top tier by Chambers Global 2020, Chambers Europe 2020, IFLR 1000 2020, Leaders League 2020 and Legal 500 2019. In 2018, we received the Transatlantic M&A Team of the Year (Large Deal) Award by the American Lawyer as well as the European Corporate Deal of the Year Award by the Lawyer.
We recognize that every transaction, regardless of size, is important to our clients. While we advise in many of the large Swiss high-profile transactions we also represent small and midsized M&A transactions. Our lawyers bring the same practical approach, creativity and commitment to excellence to each matter.
The types of M&A transactions NKF advises on covers the full range of negotiated and contested situations and includes:
- Asset sales and share purchases
- Corporate governance and corporate counseling
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and Leveraged buyouts
- Proxy fights
- Corporate Reorganisations and Spin-offs
- Strategic mergers and Tender Offers.
- Lead counsel to Actelion in the largest M&A deal in Switzerland and second largest deal in Europe in 2017. NKF devised and implemented a dual deal structure consisting of the USD 30 billion takeover of Actelion by Johnson & Johnson and the demerger and spin-off to shareholders of Actelion’s drug discovery and early clinical development business
- Counsel to Broadcom, Inc. in its USD 18.9 billion acquisition of CA Technologies, including the 25% stake of its largest shareholder, Swiss based Careal Property Group AG
- Counsel to Worldline on the CHF 2.75 billion strategic partnership where Worldline acquired SIX Payment Services, the payment services division of SIX
- Counsel to Boston Scientific Corporation in its acquisition of Symetis SA.