Our Intellectual Property expertise
We support companies from a wide range of industries in protecting and defending their intellectual assets on a national and international stage. We have expertise in transactional, advisory, contentious and non-contentious work. We have extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property law including licensing, commercialisation, sale and securitisation of IP rights protection and defense of IP rights, unfair competition, and the protection of know-how and business secrets. We remain at the forefront of current legal and market developments, allowing us to offer our clients efficient and practical solutions that are optimally tailored to their specific requirements and business strategy.
As part of an integrated full service firm, we work closely with other practice areas to offer comprehensive advice. Working with our Corporate/M&A, Capital Markets, Technology and Banking, Finance & Regulatory teams, we excel in advising on the intellectual property aspects of complex cross-border transactions and licensing and partnering transactions.
- Lead counsel to Actelion in the takeover of Actelion by Johnson & Johnson, the demerger and spin-off to shareholders of Actelion’s drug discovery and early clinical development business and a collaboration agreement between the new R&D biotech company and Actelion/Johnson & Johnson
- Advising Procter & Gamble in various matters concerning intellectual property and un-fair competition law
- Advising Chr. Hansen Holding A/S on matters concerning intellectual property, in-cluding in particular technology transfer and licensing, in the context of its agreement with Lonza AG to establish a 50/50 joint venture
- Advising ASSA ABLOY AB on matters concerning intellectual property in the context of its acquisition of a 54% controlling stake in agta record ag
- Advising Navistar International Corporation on Swiss law aspects of a framework agreement for strategic technology and supply collaboration with Volkswagen Truck & Bus
- Advising Thomson Reuters, one of the world’s leading sources of intelligent business information
- Advising Partners Group, one of the largest private markets investment managers in the world with over EUR 50 billion in investment programs under management, in IP matters.