Our Tax expertise
The NKF Tax team is a leading taxation law practice in Switzerland with deep expertise in structured finance, securitisation, corporate finance, corporate migration, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, capital markets transactions, investment funds, private equity, real estate, employee benefits and participation, sports, charities, art and global operations. We advise a wide range of domestic and international clients from all sectors on contentious and non-contentious, direct and indirect taxation law matters.
Our Tax team includes Swiss Certified Tax Experts and candidates who have longstanding and trusted working relationships with the various Swiss tax authorities. Our independent international network of leading tax experts provides our clients with tailored advice in different jurisdictions. We work closely with the firm’s Corporate/M&A, Banking, Finance & Regulatory, Real Estate, Private Clients and Dispute Resolution practices to provide fully comprehensive and commercially sound service.
- Counsel on large international M&A transactions, e.g. to:
- The pharmaceuticals and biotechnology company Actelion in the USD 30 billion take-over by Johnson & Johnson (awarded with ITR’s European M&A Tax Deal of the Year Award 2018 – find out more)
- Tokio Marine Holding, Inc. on the sale of its reinsurance subsidiaries Tokio Millenium Re AG and Tokio Millennium Re (UK) Limited for the total consideration of approximately USD 1.5 billion
- Broadcom Inc. and CA Technologies to acquire CA Technologies for USD 18.9 billion in cash
- CRH plc on the sale of its European distribution business to private equity funds managed by Blackstone
- Électricité de France on the sale of its 25% participation in Alpiq Holding AG to Primeo Energie and EOS Holding
- Regularly an integral part of the advisor’s team for Switzerland’s largest and most complex transactions, e.g. to
- PARAGON PARTNERS GmbH and other shareholders on the sale of their shares in KADI AG to Invision AG
- Invision Private Equity on the amplification of the shareholding circle of Schneider Group
- Advising in the context of factoring and securitisation transactions, e.g., counsel to the arrangers on the committed bridge facility and a term loan for Cembra Money Bank to finance the acquisition of cashgate AG and the refinancing of the balance sheet liabilities of cashgate AG
- Advising one of the largest global media and information firms on their financing
- Counsel to various Swiss banks as lead manager for asset backed securities transactions
- Advising on numerous private equity and investment fund structures
- Lead counsel to various single family offices of UHNWI
- Counsel to the Swiss unicorn start-up Sportradar together with its major selling shareholders in the EUR 2.1 billion sale of Sportradar AG to Canada Pension Plan investment and Silicon Valley-based growth equity firm TCV
- Advising Leonteq AG in connection with its fully-underwritten rights offering
- Global lead tax advisor for one of the world’s largest sports events.