Sports – Tourism & Hospitality – Entertainment – Art
Switzerland is a global centre for sports law. It is home to the headquarters of the governing bodies of many global sporting organisations, including the International Olympic Committee, EUFA and FIFA. It is also a hub for dispute resolutions bodies of sports federations, including the International Court of Arbitration for Sport. NKF’s demonstrated cross-practice track record advising top class athletes and international sporting associations, keeps the NKF team at the top of our game with the necessary up to the mark experience to help clients realise strategic, long-term and immediate success. We know that our clients in the competitive world of sports, need speed, efficiency and results-oriented legal advice. As sports club board members, sports arbitrators, fans and former professional players, the NKF sports team maintains close knowledge of the sports market and regulation so as to give our clients relevant, commercial, useful advice.
Our Art team advises individuals, foundations and associations in relation to extensive art collections and art trading, inheritance, insurance and taxation of art. We represent owners of art and art traders on customs and VAT and we advise on loans secured by works of art.
We advise investors on the acquisition, development, zoning and construction of hotels and leisure resorts.
Our trans-practice approach means that clients are sure of efficient, specialised expertise as and when it is required.
- Global lead tax advisor for one of the world’s largest sports events
- Counsel to FIFA
- Counsel to SIX listed Schroder ImmoPLUS on the acquisition of the 4-star Hotel Mövenpick in Lausanne
- Advising on the acquisition of Le Mirador
- Various independent major commercial real estate financings in Switzerland including leisure and shopping centres and business premises.
- Advising on the founding of an art gallery in Switzerland.