Switzerland is a global centre for sports law. It is home to the headquarters of the governing bodies of many global sporting organisations, including the International Olympic Committee, EUFA and FIFA.
It is also a hub for dispute resolutions bodies of sports federations, including the International Court of Arbitration for Sport. NKF’s demonstrated cross-practice track record advising top class athletes and international sporting associations, keeps the NKF team at the top of our game with the necessary up to the mark experience to help clients realise strategic, long-term and immediate success. We know that our clients in the competitive world of sports, need speed, efficiency and results-oriented legal advice.
As sports club board members, sports arbitrators, fans and former professional players, the NKF sports team maintains close knowledge of the sports market and regulation so as to give our clients relevant, commercial, useful advice.
Our Art team advises individuals, foundations and associations in relation to extensive art collections and art trading, inheritance, insurance and taxation of art. We represent owners of art and art traders on customs and VAT and we advise on loans secured by works of art.
We advise investors on the acquisition, development, zoning and construction of hotels and leisure resorts.
- Global lead tax advisor for one of the world’s largest sports events
- Counsel to FIFA
- Counsel to SIX listed Schroder ImmoPLUS on the acquisition of the 4-star Hotel Mövenpick in Lausanne
- Advising on the acquisition of Le Mirador
- Various independent major commercial real estate financings in Switzerland including leisure and shopping centres and business premises
- Advising on the founding of an art gallery in Switzerland
- Advisor to Stadtcasino Baden on its acquisition of a majority stake in Casinò Locarno
- Swiss counsel to Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) and further syndicates banks on the financing for Aldo Group
- Swiss counsel to Investindustrial in connection with the combination of Investindustrial Acquisition Corp. and Ermenegildo Zegna N.V.
- Advisor to Ironman Group in relation to UTMB World Series’ expansion in the UK, Corsica and Switzerland
- Advisor to Swiss national football player and entrepreneur David Degen on the acquisition of a majority of shares in FC Basel Holding AG
- Swiss counsel to Sportradar, the world’s leading provider of sports data intelligence and sport entertainment solutions, on its landmark 10-year global partnership with the National Hockey League (NHL)
Partners Group acquires a majority stake in BreitlingDiscover More
Stadtcasino Baden acquires majority stake in Casinò LocarnoDiscover More
CIBC provides financing for AldoDiscover More
New FIFA Football Agent RegulationsDiscover More
Some Specific Aspects of Football Arbitration in Front of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)Discover More
Modifications of the PILA: implications for sport arbitrationDiscover More