Andreas Casutt’s practice focuses mainly on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, in particular private equity, corporate governance and employment law with particular expertise in compensation issues. His expertise includes litigation with a particular focus on shareholder and employment litigation. Andreas Casutt is described as “tactically skilled and pragmatic” and as “a savvy lawyer with a flash of genius about him” by Chambers and other directories. He chairs the board of listed Siegfried Holding AG and is a member of the boards of directors of various other companies.
Andreas Casutt’s practice focuses mainly on corporate and employment law with a holistic view. He advises Swiss and international corporations on general corporate law issues, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and employment law, as well as on litigation, in particular employment and shareholder litigation. His various board memberships, in particular with listed Mikron Holding AG and as chairman of listed Siegfried Holding AG, help him to take a hands-on, commercially pragmatic and strictly client oriented approach. He has a thorough understanding of issues corporations are faced with during their entire life span.
His M&A experience includes both public and private transactions in various industries, including financial services and extends to complex domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, JVs and reorganisations of private, listed and regulated entities. Andreas Casutt has extensive experience in private equity. He advises investors, private equity funds and private investors, as well as target companies and/or their management. His work includes the drafting of investment and shareholder agreements and all other related agreements. His broad legal knowledge and expertise enable him to tackle intricate factual and legal issues involving also difficult personal situations where he can benefit from his employment law experience.
In his employment law practice, Andreas Casutt advises clients, with a focus on employers, on all issues of private labour law such as drafting of employment agreements and incentive plans, dismissals including collective dismissals as well as all other issues employers encounter. He advises listed companies on compensation issues related to the recent Swiss say-on-pay legislation.
- The shareholders of responsAbility Investments AG, a leader in impact investing focusing on private debt and private equity across emerging markets, on the sale of a majority stake of responsAbility Investments AG to the M&G PLC
- The shareholders of Swiss Bankers Prepaid Services AG, the Swiss market leader for prepaid cards, on the sale of 100 percent of Swiss Bankers’ share capital to the DDM
- Swiss group companies of Thomson Reuters in a major complex cross-border restructuring
- Invision in the acquisition of a participation in an eye clinic
- Paragon Partners on the acquisition of Condecta AG, the industrial service division of Arbonia Group
- Invision Private Equity AG in the acquisition of a majority stake in Parkresort Rheinfelden Holding AG
- Citychamp Watch and Jewellery Group in the acquisition of a 70% majority stake in Bendura Bank AG
- Citychamp Dartong Group in the acquisition of HL Le Mirador International SA
- Assistance of various listed companies in amending their articles of association for compliance with the Ordinance against Excessive Compensation with respect to Listed Stock Corporations (the “Minder Ordinance”) and holding of their AGMs
- Private equity in Switzerland – market and regulatory overview, 2020 in: Practical Law/ Thomson Reuters, 2020
- Aktienrechtliche Verantwortlichkeit – Anforderungen an die Pflichterfüllung und den Schadensnachweis (Besprechung des Entscheides 4a_373/2015 des schweizerischen Bundesgerichts vom 26. Januar 2016) in: GesKR 2/2016, S. 247-253
- Private Equity in Switzerland: Market and regulatory overview, 2016/17 in: Practical Law Multi-jurisdictional Guide 2016/17 Private Equity and Venture Capital, Thomson Reuters (14 Pages; 4148 kb)
- Voraussetzung der Sonderprüfung – Nachweis der vorgängigen Ausübung des Auskunfts- oder Einsichtsrechts, 2014 in: GesKR 1 (2015) 136 (Besprechung des Urteils 4A_319/2014 des schweizerischen Bundesgerichts vom 19. November 2014)
- Kommentar zu Art. 26 VegüV, 2014 in: Gerhard/Maizar/Spillmann/Wolf (Hrsg.), Vergütungsrecht der Schweizer Publikumsgesellschaften, GesKR-Kommentar zur VegüV, Zürich/St. Gallen 2014
- Antrag an die Generalversammlung und Glaubhaftmachung einer Rechtsverletzung als Voraussetzungen für eine Sonderprüfung – Besprechung von BGE 138 III 246 ff. und 138 III 252 ff., 2012 in: GesKR 4/2012, S. 586-595
- Aktuelle Rechtsfragen rund um den Bonus Präsentation im Rahmen des Klientenanlasses zum Thema “Aktuelle Fragen des Arbeits-, Sozialversicherungs- und Steuerrechts” von Niederer Kraft & Frey vom 30.10.2012 (23 Pages; 533 kb)
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- IBA International Bar Association