As one of the leading advisors to telecommunications companies in Switzerland, the NKF team has first-hand experience of the strength, breadth and depth of the strong Swiss telecommunications industry. Since the liberalisation of the telecommunications market in 1998, we have been involved in almost every major transaction in the sector.
With broad expertise in IT, technology, media, broadcasting, data privacy and data security and in related investigations, compliance, arbitration and litigation, we effectively represent diverse clients across the ICT sector.
As part of a full service integrated firm, our technology sector team combines the expertise of our Technology, Corporate/M&A, Capital Markets, Banking, Finance & Regulatory, Antitrust/Competition, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Employment and Tax practices.
We have particular expertise in technology driven transactions including major mergers, acquisitions and capital markets transactions involving key telecommunications and technology players. We help clients day to day with advisory expertise and we represent clients before authorities and in court. We assist clients in protecting, defending and optimising the commercialisation of media and intellectual property rights.
Our NKF4Tech team also provides innovative legal solutions that help start-up companies grow. We support our Swiss and international venture capital clients during all phases of venture capital investment and exit.
The sector operates in a global market. The technology sector team has strong relationships with leading firms worldwide. We form, lead or fit seamlessly into multijurisdictional teams. We have the network to assist clients with worldwide projects by proactively coordinating legal project steps across multiple jurisdictions.
- Swiss Counsel to Worldline on a technology driven strategic partnership in which Worldline acquired SIX Payment Services, the payment services division of SIX Swiss Exchange
- Advising Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc on data protection matters in the context of the sale of its reinsurance subsidiaries Tokio Millennium Re AG and Tokio Millennium Re (UK) Limited for the total consideration of approximately USD 1.5 billion
- Advising Nordic Capital on data privacy matters in the context of the acquisition of a majority stake in the Swiss software company BOARD International SA
- Advising Klingelnberg AG on TMT matters in the context of its initial public offering
- Advising FIFA on data protection matters and GDPR readiness including staff education, redesign of internal business and development processes, and drafting relevant legal documents
- Advising Bühler in respect of the delivery and deployment of Bühler’s digital services / Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, in particular in respect of contracts, data privacy and data security, domestically and on an international/cross-border scale
- Advising Finastra on TMT matters in the context of its acquisition of Olfa Soft and its cutting edge FX e-trading platform for banks and financial institutions
- Advising Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, a leading global bioscience company listed on OMX, on Technology matters, in the context of biotech joint venture with Lonza AG, a leading pharma contract manufacturing company listed on SIX
- Advising SR Technics in a new worldwide outsourcing and compliance project involving all SR Technics subsidiaries and more than 3’500 employees worldwide
- Advising Huawai on data protection matters and GDPR readiness
- Advising Schindler in worldwide outsourcing and IoT projects
- Swiss counsel to Microsoft on all technology matters, most recently, in the negotiations of a collaboration agreement for Mixed Reality research with ETH Zurich
- Advising the WEF, World Economic Forum on data protection matters and GDPR compliance
Deals & Cases
Sonio group acquires JevoTrust Management AGDiscover More
Solar Impulse Foundation launches RUNWAY, a new matchmaking tool for cleantechDiscover More
Will Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Shanghai completes GDR offering and SIX Swiss Exchange listingDiscover More
Awards & Rankings
NKF partner Clara-Ann Gordon recognised as Lawyer of the Year for Telecoms & Media at the WWL Awar…Discover More
NKF recognised as “Law Firm of the Year” for Mergers and Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers/…Discover More
NKF wins “Deal of the year: Equity” at the IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 2023Discover More
NKF partner Juerg Bloch elected to the advisory board of the newly established Center for Legal Data S…Discover More
NKF launches technology-based alternative legal services provider The Lab by NKFDiscover More
Expansion of our NKF Technology and Data Law PracticeDiscover More
Mediation bei IP-Streitigkeiten? Konfliktlösung statt “Recht haben” im IP-Bereich, 2022Discover More
Getting The Deal Through: Fintech 2022Discover More
AI, Machine Learning & Big Data: Switzerland 2021Discover More