Our Investigations & White Collar expertise
The NKF Investigations & Enforcement team is praised for its “excellent reputation and highly skilled professionals” highlighting that “their service is pragmatic and tailored to our needs” – Chambers Europe
We have extensive experience in advising and representing multinational corporations and individuals in all phases of the investigation and enforcement, in particular
- financial services regulatory enforcement matters, including subsequent court appeals
- general corporate and regulatory compliance matters, in particular anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, sanction, and embargo compliance as well as antitrust compliance matters
- criminal, administrative, and civil proceedings in white collar crime matters, including money laundering, bribery and corruption, insider dealing, fraud, and the violation of bank client secrecy and further secrecy and economic espionage laws
- cross-border litigation and investigations and cooperation with foreign authorities, including international assistance in criminal and administrative matters
- crisis management
We have unparalleled experience and expertise in the coordination and conduct of domestic and cross-border internal investigations and forensic discovery exercises.
- FIFA in connection with US and Swiss criminal investigations against current and former football officials and sports marketing rights executives into allegations of bribery and subsequent money laundering in the international soccer world. We are advising FIFA, which is considered a victim of the alleged wrongdoings, on the investigations as well as conducting an internal investigation on behalf of the organisation.
- Several financial institutions and individuals in relation to Swiss and foreign investigations and enforcement proceedings in connection with the alleged embezzlement involving the Malaysian sovereign fund 1MDB, one of the largest money laundering and corruption investigations in history involving authorities in Switzerland, the United States, Malaysia, Singapore and Luxembourg.
- BSI Bank, in the FIFA global criminal and regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings relating to alleged accounts at the Bank that were used to pay bribes to FIFA officials.
- BSI Bank, as the first bank to reach a resolution under the Non-Prosecution Agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) under the DOJ’s Program for Non-Prosecution Agreements or Non-Target Letters for Swiss Banks.
- Several Swiss banks in connection with the global Panama Papers investigations following the leak of 11.5 million documents of the Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca & Co.
- BMW in proceedings against the Swiss Competition Commission following a CHF156 million fine levied in response to BMW’s alleged prevention of direct and parallel imports into Switzerland.
- Swiss construction company with a criminal investigation into an alleged fraud committed by one of its former directors.
Awards & Rankings
NKF recognised as one of the world’s leading firms for corporate investigations by GIR 100 2023Discover More
NKF recognised as “Law Firm of the Year” for Mergers and Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers/…Discover More
NKF recognised as leading Swiss law firm by Leaders LeagueDiscover More
The Europe, Middle East and Africa Investigations Review 2022: SwitzerlandDiscover More
The European, Middle East and African Investigations Review 2021: SwitzerlandDiscover More
The European, Middle East and African Investigations Review 2020: SwitzerlandDiscover More