Infrastructure & Transport
We advise developers, public authorities, contractors, financial institutions and investors on all matters relating to infrastructure and transport projects in Switzerland and abroad.
From project inception, planning, financing, procurement, project execution, regulations, health and safety, environmental matters and the resolution of any disputes, the NKF cross-practice team works closely with our clients to achieve their objectives efficiently and effectively. Our infrastructure and transport expertise crosses our Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, Banking, Finance & Regulatory, Capital Markets, Technology, Corporate/M&A and Antitrust/Competition teams.
- Counsel to Électricité de France on the sale of its 25% participation in Alpiq Holding AG (SIX listed) to Primeo Energie (EBM) and EOS Holding for a consideration of approximately CHF 489 million
- Counsel to the syndicate banks Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, UBS AG and Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc in the context of Sunrise Communications Group AGs acquisition of UPC Switzerland GmbH, Switzerland’s leading cable operator with access to 2.3 million homes, for CHF 6.3 billion
- Counsel to Invision Private Equity on the amplification of the shareholding circle of the Schneider Group, one of the leading internationally focused Swiss transportation companies
- Counsel to Stadler Rail AG, a leading global pure-play producer of rolling stock and related systems, in connection with its IPO
- Counsel to Landis+Gyr, a world leading energy management solutions and smart metering systems provider, and its shareholders Toshiba/INCJ in the dual track exit process M&A sale and IPO resulting in the CHF 2.3 billion IPO of Landis+Gyr, the largest Swiss and third largest European IPO in 2017
- Counsel to a consortium led by Cellnex Telecom with Swiss Life Asset Managers and Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners on the sale of Swiss Towers AG with a portfolio of 2,239 telecom towers in Switzerland, and an extendible Master Service Agreement for an initial period of 20 years
- Project financings for gas pipelines and power plants
- Public Private Partnership project for an integrated hospital campus
- Advisor to a joint venture partner for worldwide smart cities projects
- Advisor to Swiss telecommunications operators in telecommunication infrastructure projects
- Swiss advisor in the acquisition of one of the world’s largest hospital groups and related acquisition financing
- Swiss legal advisor to a world leading international airline on contractual, commercial and regulatory matters
- Advising on Swiss aviation law relating to the financing of Swiss registered aircraft, filing requirements with the Federal Office of Civil Aviation FOCA, the Swiss Aviation Authority, the drafting and establishment of Swiss law governed mortgages over aircraft and drafting and issuing local law legal opinions.