Our Intellectual Property expertise
We support companies from a wide range of industries in protecting and defending their intellectual assets on a national and international stage.
We have expertise in transactional, advisory, contentious and non-contentious work. We have extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property law including licensing, commercialisation, sale and securitisation of IP rights protection and defense of IP rights, unfair competition, and the protection of know-how and business secrets. We also advise on patent prosecution, IP antirust risks, protecting trademarks, designs, and domain names. We remain at the forefront of current legal and market developments, allowing us to offer our clients efficient and practical solutions that are optimally tailored to their specific requirements and business strategy.
As part of an integrated full service firm, we work closely with other practice areas to offer comprehensive advice. Working with our Corporate/M&A, Capital Markets, Technology and Banking, Finance & Regulatory teams, we excel in advising on the intellectual property aspects of complex cross-border transactions and licensing and partnering transactions.
- Lead counsel to Actelion in the takeover of Actelion by Johnson & Johnson, the demerger and spin-off to shareholders of Actelion’s drug discovery and early clinical development business and a collaboration agreement between the new R&D biotech company and Actelion/Johnson & Johnson
- Advising Procter & Gamble in various matters concerning intellectual property and unfair competition law
- Advising Chr. Hansen Holding A/S on matters concerning intellectual property, including in particular technology transfer and licensing, in the context of its agreement with Lonza AG to establish a 50/50 joint venture
- Advising ASSA ABLOY AB on matters concerning intellectual property in the context of its acquisition of a 54% controlling stake in agta record ag
- Advising Navistar International Corporation on Swiss law aspects of a framework agreement for strategic technology and supply collaboration with Volkswagen Truck & Bus
- Advising Thomson Reuters, one of the world’s leading sources of intelligent business information
- Advising Partners Group, one of the largest private markets investment managers in the world with over EUR 50 billion in investment programs under management, in IP matters
Deals & Cases
INEOS acquires major concrete additives business from SikaDiscover More
Capvis acquires a majority stake in SCHURTER GroupDiscover More
Partners Group acquires a majority stake in BreitlingDiscover More
Awards & Rankings
NKF recognised as Highly Recommended Firm for IP Transactions by IP Stars 2022 – SwitzerlandDiscover More
NKF recognised as leading Swiss law firm by Leaders LeagueDiscover More
NKF recognised as “Law Firm of the Year” for Corporate Law by Best Lawyers/HandelsblattDiscover More
Mediation bei IP-Streitigkeiten? Konfliktlösung statt “Recht haben” im IP-Bereich, 2022Discover More
Optimierung des UrheberrechtsschutzesDiscover More
Benefiting from a Swiss-based IP CompanyDiscover More