Our Intellectual Property expertise
We support companies from a wide range of industries in protecting and defending their intellectual assets on a national and international stage.
We have expertise in transactional, advisory, contentious and non-contentious work. We have extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property law including licensing, commercialisation, sale and securitisation of IP rights protection and defense of IP rights, unfair competition, and the protection of know-how and business secrets. We also advise on patent prosecution, IP antirust risks, protecting trademarks, designs, and domain names. We remain at the forefront of current legal and market developments, allowing us to offer our clients efficient and practical solutions that are optimally tailored to their specific requirements and business strategy.
As part of an integrated full service firm, we work closely with other practice areas to offer comprehensive advice. Working with our Corporate/M&A, Capital Markets, Technology and Banking, Finance & Regulatory teams, we excel in advising on the intellectual property aspects of complex cross-border transactions and licensing and partnering transactions.
- Actelion in the USD 30 bn takeover of Actelion by Johnson & Johnson and the demerger and spin-off to shareholders of Actelion’s drug discovery and early clinical development business
- Procter & Gamble in various matters concerning intellectual property and unfair competition law
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S in its 50:50 joint venture with Lonza AG
- ASSA ABLOY AB on matters in connection with its acquisition of a 54% controlling stake in agta record ag
- Navistar International Corporation on Swiss law aspects of a framework agreement for strategic technology and supply collaboration with Volkswagen Truck & Bus
- Thomson Reuters with regard to its trademark strategy, trademark applications and the administration of its existing trademarks, trademark infringement matters, disputes, settlement agreements
- Capvis with its rebranding in a number of jurisdictions
Deals & Cases
Demathieu Bard acquires Steiner Construction SADiscover More
Transgourmet Switzerland acquires POMONA SUISSEDiscover More
Ascend Capital Partners leads NanoFlex Robotics’ series A investment roundDiscover More
Awards & Rankings
NKF recognised as highly recommended firm for IP Transactions by IP Stars 2023 – SwitzerlandDiscover More
NKF recognised as “Law Firm of the Year” for Mergers and Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers/…Discover More
NKF recognised as Highly Recommended Firm for IP Transactions by IP Stars 2022 – SwitzerlandDiscover More
Mediation bei IP-Streitigkeiten? Konfliktlösung statt “Recht haben” im IP-Bereich, 2022Discover More
Immaterialgüterrecht Textausgabe 2015Discover More
Optimierung des UrheberrechtsschutzesDiscover More