Melania Sirbu’s practice focuses on complex domestic and cross-border M&A and commercial transactions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and human capital matters. She regularly advises and represents domestic and international companies, philanthropic organisations, private equity funds and investors, financial institutions and private clients on all aspects of general corporate, governance, employment and real estate matters.
Melania Sirbu has acted as legal counsel, among others, to:
- Founders of a group of companies active in the forestry industry, in a landmark cross-border transaction involving carbon credits and the acquisition of a minority stake by a major player in the energy sector*
- Founder of a non-profit foundation in Switzerland, regarding best practice governance, innovative finance funding, tax and regulatory matters*
- A Swiss group, in the context of the acquisition of its chain of veterinary practices by a foreign group*
- Private clients in a management buy-out of a private equity company active in the transport industry*
- Private clients and companies regarding executives’ compensation, incentive plans, settlement or separation agreements, international mobility, staff leasing*
*Matters handled before joining NKF.
- Swiss Bar Association
- Geneva Bar Association