Mirjam Vögeli advises and represents ultra-high and high net worth individuals, families and family offices in national and cross-border matters regarding inheritance law, private wealth and estate planning as well as implementing the division of estates.
Her practice includes advising and representing national and international clients in the areas of M&A, corporate, commercial and contract law. She focusses on advising on and implementing corporate and business successions, family and corporate governance as well as reorganizations of family-owned companies.
She has a broad and profound expertise in foundation law and the law governing associations.
Mirjam has profound legal knowledge and extensive practical experience in connection with advising and representing high net worth individuals, families and family offices in the areas of inheritance law, private wealth and estate planning as well as implementing the division of estates.
Due to her many years of practice and expertise in the areas of M&A, corporate, commercial and contract law, her practice includes advising on and implementing corporate and business successions, family and corporate governance as well as reorganizations of private companies and family-owned businesses.
Mirjam regularly advises and represents foundations and members of the board of foundations, e.g. on topics in connection with governance, reorganization, or civil and regulatory liability issues. She chairs a Swiss charitable foundation.
Mirjam represents her clients in related proceedings before courts, supervisory and administrative authorities. In pre-litigation strategies, she also considers options for alternative dispute resolutions.
Selected examples of her work:
- Advising and representing heirs, communities of heirs or executors in the administration and settlement of complex estates (e.g. with companies and/or assets in different jurisdictions and/or cross-border matters) in the unbundling and division of estates considering inheritance, property and corporate law issues and in the implementation of the division of the estates.
- Advising and representing Swiss and foreign ultra-high and high net worth individuals and their companies in private wealth and estate planning (e.g. marriage and inheritance contracts, wills, transfer of assets to the next generation, cohabitation contracts) as well as in matters of adult protection law (e.g. advance directives and living wills), in particular in complex asset and family relationships.
- Advising and representing individuals and their companies in connection with the sale and purchase of shares or assets of a company, with mergers, demergers, asset transfers and liquidations of companies
- Advising and representing entrepreneurs, shareholders, boards of directors and companies in the area of national and cross-border corporate, commercial and contract law as well as in the legal structuring of the organization and corporate governance, including advice on shareholders’ agreements and shareholder loans.
- Advising and representing foundations, members of the board of foundations, and administrators on all aspects of foundation law (e.g. setting up foundations, amendments to foundation deeds, liquidations, development and implementation of new governance structures, liability issues, regulatory requirements, etc.).
- Inheritance law revision – Should I adapt an existing will or inheritance contract? The first stage of the inheritance law revision will come into force on 1st January 2023. This newsletter highlights the most important changes as of 1st January 2023 and what these changes mean for you and your existing wills and inheritance contracts. Finally, there is an outlook on the next inheritance law revision stage.
- Die Abwägung von Chancen und Risiken bei der Beurteilung von Geschäftsentscheiden in: Gedenkschrift für Claire Huguenin, Dike Verlag 2020
- Die VegüV in Kollision mit ausländischem Arbeitsrecht in: Festschrift für Wolfgang Portmann, Schulthess 2020
- Rechtsfolgen einer mangelhaften Delegation von Geschäftsführungsaufgaben in einer Verantwortlichkeitsklage in: Weber/Stoffel/Chenaux/Sethe (Hrsg.), Aktuelle Herausforderungen des Gesellschafts- und Finanzmarktrechts, Festschrift für Hans Caspar von der Crone zum 60. Geburtstag, Zürich 2017, S. 221 ff. (33 Pages; 767 kb) (vgl. https://www.schulthess.com/buchshop/detail/ISBN-9783725574742/Weber-Rolf-H.-Hrsg.-Stoffel-Walter-A.-Hrsg.-Chenaux-Jean-Luc-Hrsg.-Sethe-Rolf-Hrsg./Aktuelle-Herausforderungen-des-Gesellschafts–und-Finanzmarktrechts)
- Klage des Gesellschaftsgläubigers gegen Verwaltungsräte bei gleichzeitig unmittelbarem Schaden bei ihm und der Gesellschaft Besprechung von BGer 4A_428/2014 vom 12. Januar 2015 (BGE 141 III 112) in: ius.focus 2015 Nr. 66
- Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA), Member of the Executive Committee
- SAV Swiss Bar Association
- ZAV Zurich Bar Association
Die VegüV in Kollision mit ausländischem ArbeitsrechtDiscover More
Rechtsfolgen einer mangelhaften Delegation von Geschäftsführungsaufgaben in einer Verantwortlichkeit…Discover More
Klage des Gesellschaftsgläubigers gegen Verwaltungsräte bei gleichzeitig unmittelbarem Schaden bei i…Discover More