Real Estate Finance and Investments
Our Real Estate team works closely with our Banking, Finance & Regulatory team to advise on real estate finance transactions and loan restructuring, including:
- Drafting, negotiating and enforcement of financing agreements
- Negotiating bilateral and syndicated credit agreements, including refinancing and restructuring
- Advising on structured finance, including combinations of senior loans, high-yield bonds and/or mezzanine loans
- Advising on related security agreements and mortgages
We are a member of the UK Loan Markets Association and have developed our own Swiss law governed LMA style credit documentation which we use in Swiss law governed finance transactions, both domestic and multijurisdictional.
We advise on all regulatory aspects of real estate investments and investment vehicles.
We are represented on the legal committee of the Swiss Funds Association, the leading industry organisation for collective investment schemes in Switzerland, which plays a decisive role in shaping the regulatory environment for collective investment schemes in cooperation with FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority.
We advise fund management companies, SICAVs, SICAFs and limited partnerships for collective investment, asset managers of collective investment schemes and distributors or representatives of international collective investment schemes on:
- Structuring, creating, and distributing domestic and foreign (UCITS and non-UCITS) collective investment schemes, including registration with FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority
- Listing ETFs on the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Advising in all supervisory law matters
- Advising on the listing and capital increases of real estate companies