NKF advises Landis+Gyr Group, Toshiba Corporation and INCJ in the IPO of Landis+Gyr on SIX Swiss Exchange
On 21 July 2017, Landis+Gyr Group AG (“Landis+Gyr”) announced the pricing of its initial public offering (“IPO”) on SIX Swiss Exchange at an offer price of CHF 78 per share, pricing at the top half of the offer price range. Trading of the Landis+Gyr shares on SIX Swiss Exchange commenced on the same day.
With a total offer size of CHF 2.3 billion the IPO of Landis+Gyr has been the largest IPO on SIX of the past ten years and thus far the second largest IPO in Europe of this year.
Landis+Gyr is a leading global provider of smart metering and energy management solutions, operating one of the largest installed bases in the industry with over 300 million devices. Building on over 120 years of industry experience, Landis+Gyr has been at the forefront of the evolution of the global utility industry, enabling its transition from traditional towards “smart” grids.
NKF acted as Swiss counsel to Landis+Gyr as the issuer and to Toshiba Corporation and INCJ as the selling shareholders. Morrison & Foerster LLP acted as international counsel to Landis+Gyr and the selling shareholders.
The NKF team consisted of:
- Philippe Weber (partner, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A)
- Thomas M.Brönnimann (partner, Capital Markets ,Corporate/M&A)
- Andreas Casutt (partner, Corporate/M&A)
- Markus Kronauer (partner, Tax)
- Christina Del Vecchio (senior associate)
- Roman Sturzenegger (senior associate)
- Deirdre Ní Annracháin (associate)
- Samuel Hochstrasser (associate)
- Elena V. Rodriguez (associate)
- Giulia Ghezzi (associate)
- Marco Gagliardi (junior associate)
Please see press coverage of this IPO here