Restructuring & Insolvency
Our restructuring and insolvency practice focuses on advising corporate organisations and stakeholders in restructuring and insolvency proceedings. We represent troubled companies, their investors and lenders in work-out scenarios, insolvency proceedings and consequent litigation in both domestic and cross-border matters. We strive to develop creative and constructive solutions for those issues. Drawing on the collective expertise of NKF’s top-ranked practices in Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Tax, Dispute Resolution, Investigations & Enforcement and Real Estate, NKF’s lawyers work side by side with clients on their toughest and most critical restructuring/insolvency challenges. This comprehensive approach to solving problems allows us to address skillfully the numerous issues that evolve in all phases of the restructuring and reorganisation process.
- Representing troubled companies and their executives in Swiss restructuring, pre-insolvency and insolvency matters
- Advising creditors and creditor committees in complex domestic and cross-border restructuring schemes and insolvency proceedings in or out of court
- Assisting creditors in pre-insolvency enforcement scenarios and analysing the possibilities and risks of security enforcement
- Assisting in transactions involving the sale or purchase of distressed debt and other assets
- Insolvency litigation and assistance in proceedings for the recognition of international insolvency decrees in Switzerland
- Advising clients on insolvency related financial netting aspects