Boris Catzeflis is part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Corporate/M&A teams. He regularly advises clients in the IT, Life Sciences and Space sectors on Technology, IP, Private Equity and Venture Capital transactions, as well as on Corporate Governance and Commercial contractual matters.
Boris Catzeflis specializes in technology, IP/IT, contractual and corporate law. He regularly advises Swiss and international clients in the IT, life sciences and space sectors, with a particular focus on IT, licensing, R&D and manufacturing agreements, incentive plans and investment contracts.
Prior to joining NKF, Boris wrote a PhD thesis on IP law and gained experience as a legal counsel for an incubator supporting hightech startups, as well as for a major IT company offering privacy-focused online services, including email, cloud and VPN services. He is a case editor for the sic! journal.
- Investing: Switzerland in: Stephen L. Ritchie (edit.), The Private Equity Review, 12th ed., London 2023
- Fundraising: Switzerland in: Stephen L. Ritchie (edit.), The Private Equity Review, 12th ed., London 2023
- Trademarks Contrary to Public Policy or Morality – A Study of the Public Policy and Morality Absolute Grounds for Exclusion in Swiss Trademark Law in: sic! 2/2023
- Les marques contraires à l’ordre public ou aux bonnes mœurs – Étude du droit des marques suisse dans une perspective de droit comparé Zurich (Schulthess), 2022
- Registrability of Trade Marks Against Public Order or Morality, Report of the Swiss Group in: sic! 10/2021
- Statutory Arbitration Clauses of Swiss Companies in: ASA Bulletin 4/2021, pp. 778 et seq.
- Les clauses d’arbitrage statutaires des sociétés suisses in: Plaidoyer 4/2021, pp. 34 et seq.
- Geneva Bar Association (OdA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- International Wine Law Association (AIDV)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
Deals & Cases
NewBiologix raises USD 50m in series A financingDiscover More
SWISSto12’s HummingSat product line secures strong support at ESA Ministerial CouncilDiscover More