Boris Catzeflis is part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Corporate/M&A teams. He regularly advises clients in the Life Sciences, ICT and Space industries on Technology and IP transactions, Private Equity and Venture Capital deals, as well as on Data Protection, Corporate Governance, M&A and Commercial contractual matters and disputes.
Boris Catzeflis is a Swiss qualified attorney-at-law driven by a passion for innovation bringing a specialized legal and business expertise in the dynamic fields of technology, intellectual property, and private equity/venture capital.
He regularly assists Swiss and international clients active in particular in the life sciences, ICT and space industries in a wide range of complex operations, legal matters and disputes.
These include advising on technology and IP transactions, private equity and venture capital deals, as well as on data protection, corporate governance, M&A and commercial contractual matters, with a particular focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating licensing, outsourcing, consulting, research and development, manufacturing, distribution, share/asset purchase, framework, joint venture, incentive and shareholders’ agreements.
Prior to joining NKF, Boris worked as a legal counsel for FONGIT, Switzerland’s premier innovation incubator supporting tech startups, and for Proton, an information technology company offering privacy-focused online services, including email, cloud and VPN services. He further gained experience working at the High Court of Valais and in the wine, spirits and terroirs department of CASALONGA, a leading French intellectual property law firm.
Boris is a case editor for the Swiss Journal for Intellectual Property, Information and Competition Law (sic!) and a member of the Geneva Bar Association (OdA), the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), the International Wine Law Association (AIDV) and the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA).
- Verwendung eines ähnlichen Firmennamens in: ius.focus 6/2023
- The 2023 Supplemental Swiss Rules for Corporate Law Disputes in: ASA BULLETIN 2/2023 (June)
- Investing: Switzerland in: Stephen L. Ritchie (edit.), The Private Equity Review, 12th ed., London 2023
- Fundraising: Switzerland in: Stephen L. Ritchie (edit.), The Private Equity Review, 12th ed., London 2023
- Trademarks Contrary to Public Policy or Morality – A Study of the Public Policy and Morality Absolute Grounds for Exclusion in Swiss Trademark Law in: sic! 2/2023
- Les marques contraires à l’ordre public ou aux bonnes mœurs – Étude du droit des marques suisse dans une perspective de droit comparé Zurich (Schulthess), 2022
- Registrability of Trade Marks Against Public Order or Morality, Report of the Swiss Group in: sic! 10/2021
- Statutory Arbitration Clauses of Swiss Companies in: ASA Bulletin 4/2021, pp. 778 et seq.
- Les clauses d’arbitrage statutaires des sociétés suisses in: Plaidoyer 4/2021, pp. 34 et seq.
- Geneva Bar Association (OdA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- International Wine Law Association (AIDV)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)